Welcome to My Kitchen

A place for me to document my culinary successes and to share some good food.

Saturday

Spicy Shrimp in Garlic Sauce!!!

Oh. My. Goodness!!!

I think I've found true love!!! As many of my close family and friends are aware, I have a passion for shrimp.....ALL kinds of shrimp! And I often cook it for myself here at the house but I've never gotten so creative until today. 

I've been reading a lot about preparing paleo-style meals and using oils and aminos to help boost healthy eating. I found a similar recipe for Shrimp in Garlic Sauce and so I thought I would try it out. Here is my version. Let me know what you think!

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
  • 1 tablespoon ghee
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
  • 2 oz sugar snap peas
  • 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
  • 1 teaspoon fish sauce
  • 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • juice of 1/2 of a lime
  • pepper to taste

What to do:
  1. Heat ghee in a large pan or skillet over medium heat and add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add broccoli and sugar snap peas and cook for 1-2 minutes then add shrimp and bay leaf.
  2. Increase heat to medium high heat and shake the pan every so often, once the shrimp begins to cook add coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes and quickly toss the pan to coat everything in the mixture. Cook for an additional 2 minutes then pour in white wine and chicken broth and reduce heat to medium.
  3. Let cook for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are soft and shrimp is opaque. Squeeze lime juice and crack fresh pepper over the dish and stir to coat and cook for 1-2 more minutes then serve.

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment