Welcome to My Kitchen

A place for me to document my culinary successes and to share some good food.

Monday

Tomato Soup & Honey Buttermilk Bread


This weekend, we celebrated my son's First Communion milestone at church. It was a really great morning that started off with a pancake flip that was served by the church elders to the participating families. After the ceremony, we came home and had our own little lunch to continue the festive moment. Here's what was on the menu: Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Homemade Honey Buttermilk Bread and Homemade Tomato Basil Soup.


Honey Buttermilk Bread - was A-MAZING! Originally, I was looking for a recipe to use the extra buttermilk I had in the refrigerator without it going bad. I thought I would find a pound cake or some cookies which really wasn't what I wanted to create. So I kept looking and then I discovered this! I made it the day before our luncheon. Once it was done, I had a few samples with a tad bit of butter on top. OH. MY. GOODNESS. This amazing bread (click here) was also extremely yummy dunked in the tomato soup we made.

For the luncheon, I made a few small sandwiches with my new chicken salad (see below) favorite. There were zero leftovers!!

Tomato Basil Soup - We love love love tomato soup as well as the creamy tomato basil soup! I've not ever attempted to make tomato basil soup from scratch so I thought this was a perfect occasion. I found this amazing recipe to follow. I made a few alterations to the soup recipe but really nothing too different than what you will find by clicking here. Everyone loved it with a little croutons and Parmesan sprinkled on top. It is definitely a repeat that will be seen on future menus for us!!









Chicken Salad Sandwiches (makes about 4 servings)
A few days ago, I posted a Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe that is simply scrumptious. But I've made a few alterations to help it not be so runny and it is still so good. Here's the updated recipe:

Ingredients:
2-10 ounce cans of chicken breast, drained & shredded
2 boiled eggs, chopped
1 TBS almonds, chopped
1 TBS mayonnaise
1-8 ounce can chopped pineapple, undrained
salt and pepper to taste
favorite type of lettuce
toasted bread
Tomato Basil Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment